Saturday 19 March 2022

A gorgeous day for gardening

 It's been absolutely gorgeous weather and I've worked myself to a standstill in the garden today. Oh boy does every muscle in my body know about it. It's so satisfying though to see the changes coming to life as the growing season gets under way. If you look to the left of the photo you will see the new front that I added to the raised bed. I moved it back towards the hedge by about nine inches and it looks so much neater. Tomorrow we will pop out and pick up some chipped bark to cover the cardboard that I've put down in front of the new bed


I was astonished to see that a lot of the seeds that I sowed on Thursday are already sprouting. They'll be ready for  pricking out much quicker than I expected and I'll be able to sow some more. I didn't even bother with the heated propagator this year and it'll be interesting to see which seeds have germinated. If I was aching so much I'd go and have a look in my gardening journal where I've recorded which seeds I sowed. It will have to wait until tomorrow unless I get a second wind.

8 comments:

  1. Well done on your days work & I'd love to see the garden for real as I keep wondering about different aspects of it that I can't see in photos. Make sure you both take it easy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever get over here you must come for a cuppa and a wander around my garden. It's probably a lot smaller than you might think.

      Delete
  2. Wasn’t it a beautiful day and your garden’s looking good as a result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belinda. Spring is definitely in the air.

      Delete
  3. It was a gorgeous day. Are you doing another YouTube clip soon. I love them - short and sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I'm enjoying making the videos as a way of logging the progress in my garden and wish I'd done it years ago as we've made so many changes that it would be nice to look back and see how different it looks now. I'm working tomorrow but hope to make a video of the new cold frame when I get around to making it.

      Delete
  4. Good work Cherie :) Who needs a gym 'eh! x

    ReplyDelete