Tuesday 7 March 2023

Reaping the benefits.

 I'm having a smashing cooking session using mostly veg from my garden. I have a huge pan of chilli and another of beef and veg soup bubbling away on the hob. The sauce for the chilli is one I made last year using beautiful home grown vegetables straight from my garden. I'd made loads of vegetable chilli to freeze last year and I've simply picked some leeks and bunching onions from my garden and fried them in butter with about 300g of minced beef. Then I tossed the vegetable chilli in with a couple of beef oxo cubes and some extra chilli because we like it hot.  The beef and veg soup is made using 200g minced beef, leeks, bunching onions and a celeriac picked from the garden this morning.  There's also a couple of medium sized potatoes about a third of a bag of shop bought frozen veg and a load of carrot slices that I blanched and froze last year. A couple of oxo cubes and  two thirds of a pint of water was the stock for the stew. It's been really useful making veg chilli  from a glut as I can always add meat to it if I want to or serve it as a mild vegetable chilli if that's what we fancy 

2 comments:

  1. It sounds absolutely scrummy! A great reward for the hard work, for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete