Tuesday 20 August 2024

The garden is really productive right now

 Yesterday I made a big pan of chorizo and vegetable soup as I had a slightly wilting head of shop bought lettuce to use up. From the garden I harvested potatoes, courgettes, carrots and a big handful each of French and runner beans. I also added some shredded lettuce  leaves. I took a couple of home grown onions and some garlic from my store and the soup was a really tasty one.

Tonight for tea I fried a couple of steaks with some of my home grown onions. I boiled a few freshly harvested potatoes and steamed some beautiful French beans over the top of the pan.  While it was cooking I shredded a couple of different lettuce leaves and a couple of green pakchoi leaves. I tossed them with Brad's Atomic grape tomatoes and some yellow ones that I'd grown from saved seed. The Brad's Atomic grape are on my definitely growing again list for next year.  I don't think I'll ever grow tired of growing and picking fresh veg from my garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment