Tuesday 15 June 2021

Cucamelons and a walk around the garden

 I'm chuffed to bits to be able to report that my cucamelons are starting to produce fruit.  They are straggly little plants and I'd wondered whether I ought to pick the first ones off to give the plant a chance to build up. Steve (Steve's Seaside allotment) says he would just leave them on so that's what I am going to do.

Baby Cucamelon

I have no idea whether the plant above is a chilli pepper or a Long Red Marconi. Time will tell.

The bed above has been planted with all manner of things to see how much I can grow in a small area.



The left had side is newly transplanted with Chilli peppers, Black Tuscan Kale and some spare Swedes. The right hand side has Celeriac and celery plants. There's still some spring onions to harvest from this bed but I am leaving them to form clumps.

The tub full of cabbage are coming along really well. I have harvested all the radish from in between the plants
Potatoes in the front tub and Sweetcorn in the back under planted with purple top turnips

Beautiful poppies next to a container of Sweetcorn and turnips


Peas starting to develop




2 comments:

  1. Come on you Cucamelons !!! I've not seen cabbages growing in containers before. They look great. Very productive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I look at those cabbages I smile... I thought I had planted sprouts... must be more careful when labelling things

      Delete