Sunday 13 June 2021

Garlic and carrots

 Some of my garlic is starting to keel over so I have pulled them up and am currently letting them dry before I bring them indoors to use. Alexander took some home with him yesterday and they are every bit as big as the ones we buy from the supermarket so I am really pleased with them


The carrots are coming along nicely on top of the log store and I used some of the thinning's to add to a beef stock that I made this morning. There's two different varieties and I sowed them a couple of weeks apart so we aren't inundated with carrots. 
Lovely healthy looking carrots

If the thinning's are anything to go by then I am going to have some lovely long carrots

Little golf ball sized carrots.  Perfect to grow in this tray


2 comments:

  1. Now the garlic will keep the vampires at bay, but I fear the Were-Rabbit will visit once he gets a sniff of those sweet carrots.

    ReplyDelete