Friday 5 November 2021

Harvest

 Yesterday we had my newly wed son and daughter in law over for tea and it was lovely to pick the veggies minutes before they needed to be cooked.  We've discovered that we  really like roast Jerusalem artichokes and I am so glad that we grew them. I didn't take a photo of them but they were decent sized tubers.  The cabbage was so sweet and tasty and the swede was full of flavour. My celeriac is coming along nicely so it won't be too long before we get to pick it.


This morning I picked all the apples off the tree and have washed and dried them before putting them in the fridge. There's 71 really good sized ones so they will keep us going for a while.  I dried loads of windfalls from my neighbours tree earlier in the summer but these are quite a late variety... Red Falstaff


This is the average size of the apples.  


4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous apple harvest. You must have a beast of a fridge! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a decent size but filled with apples a the moment :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They taste gorgeous. Crisp and sweet but not too sweet.

      Delete