Saturday 27 November 2021

The fence is down

 Blimmin Arwen.  The fence that we so carefully painted and strung lights all along this past year came down overnight.  This was it first thing this morning but it's looking far worse now and it's too blimmin windy to do anything about it today


This morning I got my first glimpse of the neighbours garden... Clearly not gardeners. :-(  The fence is almost completely down now and we only hope our apple tree hasn't been too badly stressed.  My poor gutter garden is all over the floor but I'll transplant the spring onions that were growing in there. That won't be for a few days as it's snowing heavens hard right now. 




3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear, I am sorry there's been so much damage. I hope the wind and the snow go away very soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That’s so sad 😞 I hope your spring onions survive and most of the fence isn’t permanently damaged

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Cherie! And your fence was so beautiful! Fingers crossed for your spring onions & apple tree. Bonus for your neighbours maybe, having a lovely garden suddenly to look at!?

    My dad splashed out & got concrete posts after his went down for the third time. Although I'm not a fan of concrete, in the long run, less concrete could technically be used, as the wooden posts are set into massive concrete bowls that need skipping, if you can dig the buggers out. Once the concrete ones are in, they're in for life. Dad painted his green too, so they match the wooden fence.

    Hope you can get out to investigate further once the snow clears xXx

    ReplyDelete