Thursday 25 November 2021

Tucking it up for the winter

 Yesterday I  covered some of my raised beds with polythene to try and keep the worse bit of the weather off. I'm glad I did as the weather got considerably colder overnight.We partially covered the pond too and hope it gives the fish a better chance of surviving the winter.

                                       

I bought the clips from the local pound shop so I'll see how strong they are

This beautiful holly that I am training into a lolly shape was a self seeded tree that we dug up and moved. It is covered in berries and looks really pretty at the bottom of the garden


The pink sweet peas are still growing strong and don't show any sign of giving up just yet


The fabulously fragrant rose is still flowering as is the white gladioli though it  has been blown over and is like the leaning tower of Pisa


2 comments:

  1. Wowzwers, I am absolutely amazed that your sweet peas are still going! Very impressed. The holly is a handsome one. I suspect our self seeded hollies are males, as they have never produced berries (unless they are all female, but there are no males in the area to pollinate them ?!?... one never knows). Hope the clips are up to the job. They look sturdier than pegs. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet peas survived the ongoing storm and the clips have stood up really well. Only one blew off and that may be because I hadn't pushed it on far enough.

      Delete