Thursday 27 January 2022

Chancing my arm a bit

 I couldn't wait any longer and have chanced my arm by sowing a variety of seeds and putting them on the kitchen windowsill.  I've stuck to things that can be grown in February and didn't sow a lot of each seeds just in case they go to waste. The windowsill gets the sun as soon as it rises above the houses opposite us and is a lovely warm windowsill though in a week or two I  will swap the seed trays back and forth to the conservatory as the sun moves around. It only takes a few minutes each day and if it means earlier crops then I will be happy to do it.

Late last year I sowed a seed  packet of really cheap multi coloured carrots and I've just pulled a few for tea tonight. They aren't very big but I cleared the bed as I need the space and want to get it prepped for some seeds. I wasn't sure I'd get anything at all as I really did sow them late in the year.

Aren't the purple ones pretty

For tea tonight we're having the remains of yesterday Lancashire hotpot with some veg that I 've just picked. There's a regrown cabbage, plenty of blown sprouts... in fact we call them sprout flowers as that's what they remind us of, some Jerusalem artichokes and a little handful of potatoes. Just enough for the two of us.



2 comments:

  1. The rainbow carrots are gorgeous! I've been wondering how late you can get away with sowing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I sowed these in late September. If I see any more I'll sow them a lot earlier this year.

      Delete