Sunday 16 January 2022

Lovely fresh harvest

This morning I've been out into the veggie garden to pick the veg for tea and some for our salad boxes.  It still makes me smile putting those salad boxes together knowing that virtually every ingredient is fresh picked and organically grown.


Gorgeous apples from our tree


The sauerkraut I made last year using a shop bought cabbage and will always do that as growing cabbage isn't the best use of my garden space. I want to experiment making sauerkraut with different brassica leaves to see if they keep as well as the cabbage does


There's lunch sorted for the next few days for us both. I'll put some more boxes together on Wednesday


And don't these veggies look beautiful. There's swede,Jerusalem artichokes, sprout leaves, kale, Kallete leaves, potatoes and purple sprouting broccoli. Just enough for two people with a couple of shop bought carrots.

4 comments:

  1. Well that is the tastiest looking salad Cherie! Top notch, 5 star stuff *****
    I tried sauerkraut in a 'Reuben sandwich' - it was delicious. Well done for making some x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working my way through my final jar of sauerkraut and then I'll make some more as we really like it

      Delete