Tuesday 24 November 2020

It's turning cold

 I will be interested to see how well the rainbow chard stand up to winter here in the North East. It's not something I had grown before but I am really impressed with both the taste and look of it.  I started it off late in the season but next year I am planning on turning the front garden over to some of the prettier veggies. I will alternate green and purple curly kale and want to put different coloured chards in big pots to dot among the flower beds. It's just an experiment so it might not work but I am looking forward to just how much my little patch of suburbia can produce while still looking pretty.  I'm watching quite a few you tube video's at the moment and have so much to learn. A couple of my UK favourites include Steve's Seaside Allotment and Liz Zorab at Byther farm.  Both have a great no nonsense approach to gardening and I have recently ordered Liz's book which is due out in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment