Thursday 28 October 2021

Flowers for salads

 Yesterday I dug all the flowers out of one of my raised planters.  I've refreshed the compost and planted Viola and lettuce so that we can have beautiful salads through the dark months.The tub below contains spring flowering bulbs but I have added spring onions, lettuce and pansies to add to our salads. 


The raised planter filled with viola and lettuce.



The most fragrant roses I've ever smelt


The hanging baskets are still producing colourful though not edible flowers


The apple tree is weighed down with fruit almost ready to pick


Rescued rainbow chard and spring onions.  I'm growing the onions big and treating them as cut and come again. Experience tells me that I can get two or three cuttings from them as they simply push out more green shoots.


The new raised bed filled with lettuce, beetroot, spring onions, onions sets and garlic


The garden path needs a bit of a tidy up for the winter. There's tubs to return to my friends and a bag compost to put away for spring



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty planters Cherie :) Aren't those apples the most fantastic colour. Do you know what type they are? Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They taste every bit as good as they look too. They are 'Red Falstaff'

      Delete
  2. That apple tree! And the rose is beautiful, even better to know it has a lovely scent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cherie, I've left a message on one of your other blogs too, please could you get in touch with me via FB or my website? I have a bit of a favour to ask of you. Many thanks, Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I'm intrigued and have left a message for you. x

      Delete