Tuesday 26 October 2021

Lovely fresh harvest

 Yesterday I picked a lovely selection of veg from the garden. I made up salad boxes for Tony and I for lunch and then we had a cheese salad for tea last night. There must be at least fourteen or fifteen different home grown things in our salads. Todays selection...Tuscan kale,  curly kale, sprout leaves, Florence fennel, Kohrabi, Beetroot leaves, rainbow radish, radish leaves, flowers and pods, pakchoi and pakchoi flowers. Rainbow chard, tomatoes, cucumber, golden purslane, red pepper and chopped apple

                                        ,



I added some radish flowers and some Pak Choi flowers for a little splash of colour. The rainbow radish are really pretty and I will definitely grow them again next year. I still have plenty of peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers in our store so we will be enjoying them for a couple more weeks.



The apple was fresh picked from the tree while I was putting the salad together.. It doesn't get any fresher than that now does it.



This is my first ever Kohlrabi. I used every part of it in the salad and was amazed at just how mild and tasty it all is. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing that there's still so much and it's nearly November. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter veg are starting to look really god at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those salad leaves! Peter Rabbit must be drooling. Your Kohlrobi looks really crisp and crunchy. I don't think I've ever tried it before x

    ReplyDelete